To help, PODS has six tips for moving during the holidays to ensure you don’t have to forgo any traditions.
– If you know your new address, consider including a change-of-address note in your holiday cards to family and friends alerting them in case they need to contact you.
– Make an inventory of your household goods and begin to remove clutter leading up to the holidays. Start with the attic, basement, garage and other storage areas that are typically not frequented by house guests. You can even invite guests to take items you no longer need or those they may want.
– If you’re cooking for the holidays, plan ahead and estimate how much food you’ll need. Send guests home with containers of leftovers. Also, if you’re a few weeks out from your move, consider incorporating frozen food items from your freezer into your holiday meals, since frozen items are more difficult to travel with.
– Consider a storage container from a portable storage company to store extra items ahead of your move and declutter your home before guests arrive – perhaps even making room for more family. This offers convenience with your items fully accessible, if needed. Not to mention, you can keep your container on your property for easy access.
– Ask guests to hold off on bringing presents and have them sent directly to your new home. Or, consider keeping gifts wrapped until you arrive at your new home for easy packing and unpacking.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Powered by WPeMatico